Thursday 3 April 2014

FFC28 - The Light of the World (2)


As much as I like the shaker card I made last week for the current Festive Friday challenge, you know I'm a CAS girl at heart, so I gave it another shot. I have to give credit to my sister Meredyth, with whom I was discussing this inspiration photo the other day.




Her brilliant (ha, pun intended!) idea was to focus on the soft glow of the candle. I created my glow by lightly sponging my yellow dauber (with just the ink that was in it - I didn't add any more) in a circular motion, leaving the centre white. I used Early Espresso ink and cardstock as a nod to the pinecones and used my Market Street Stamps creche and the same Stamps of Life sentiment as last week.

There's still some time to play along with us - you've got until Wednesday to link up - I hope we'll see you there!

11 comments:

  1. The shaker cards is pretty fabulous - I love those beads! I guess this one is more mail friendly though! And equally as lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...now what am I going to do for my card?

    ps. received my actual birthday card in the mail yesterday - that technique of stacking the cardstock and then stickling the edge is both understated and spectacular at the same time. Truly a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. You always rock CAS. I love it Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy CAS. The light has shown and it is a good light. Excellent card Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - the 'glow' is gorgeous! Awesome job putting Meredyth's brilliant idea to paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a glorious glow, Ardyth ... perfect with the image and sentiment ... as are the stickles around the creche! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it certainly works. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a delightful card Ardyth! I love the yellow halo around the image! So sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Ardyth! a perfect cas design for the light of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really does glow. So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing!!! I am still mulling this one over!!!!! Thanks for a new perspective, love it, super soft sponged glow!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.