Saturday 29 March 2014

Fun with Wet Paint

Oh my word! Has there ever been an easier set to use than Wet Paint by Papertrey? I was inspired by Lauren Anderson's take on this week's Muse (deadline is Monday, by the way) and kind of separated out a few of her ideas to come up with 3 cards.

My first card is masculine and uses Lauren's idea of repeating the stamp in different colours.


The next two use her idea of different colours, but I did it on one stamp. If you ink your stamp along the edge of a rectangular (like Stampin' Up) pad in one colour on the top two-thirds and then in an other colour on the bottom two-thirds, the overlap blends and you end up with something like these two cards.



 The scale and handwritten feel of these words is very trendy - Winnie and Walter have similar sets which also arrived at my house last week. I'm busy making cards (mostly thank you and birthday cards) for the silent auction at our church next Saturday, and having big sentiments that look so good and don't require a lot more on the card is just perfect for this kind of project!

18 comments:

  1. Um hello...enabling alert. I've been a good girl and haven't been buying a ton of new over the last 2 months (wow...that sounds awful!!) but you are not helping Ardyth! This set looks amazing! I love all three cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your style Ardyth.
    Great cards- I agree the size and font of the new PTI set is great. Love your two toned Thanks cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some times the best of all worlds is called CAS. The sentiment is all that is needed in many cases and the way they are presented here says all that is needed. Three perfect and outstanding cards Ardyth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have all three sets and now I'm going to try that variegated technique. They looks great and it will make QAECAS cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific cards, Ardyth. I love how you do so much with so little :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited to play with Wet Paint which is finally supposed to arrive today - absolutely love the blended color cards Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't cracked them open yet but all of your cards are awesome and inspiring me to do that this weekend! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three beautiful desins! Can't make out wich one I like best...maybe the second, because you used blue...they are great! Have a good and inky weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. These large sentiments look amazing multi-coloured, perfect super CAS cards :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gasp ... completely delicious, Ardyth ... I have the W&W ones and am now feeling positively inspired! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three CAS beauties! Tfs your technique about the three ink pads. Will definitely have to try that. Love these fonts. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these Ardyth, wonderful impact with these larger sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally trendy....and quick! These card sets are going to fly off the table at your church auction! Thanks for the inking tip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I finally got this stamp set in the mail and this gives me so many more ideas on how to use it! Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are too sweet for giving me a shout out! Thank you so much! You are one of my favorite CAS designers so this is an EXTRA special compliment! And I'm totally trying the ink blending in a few minutes!!! LOL!
    Thanks again!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all just gorgeous. I especially like the ones where you have combined ink. I have barely broken this set out--I seem to be behind, but I definitely want to try some of this inking.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.