Friday 21 March 2014

FFC27 - Green Christmas (Take 2)


A mid-challenge reminder for the current Festive Friday challenge:


I made this card at the same time as the one from last week - I had the die, silver foil paper and stamp out and I thought this was an interesting idea - I stamped the sentiment down the left side of the panel and then started the tricky bit. I cut the snowflake out of the stamped panel and again in silver foil, and then fit it all back together, fitting the white cut bits back into the 'holes' in the snowflake (I mixed two up - can you see where the stamping doesn't line up?)

Anyway, how are you doing keeping up with making your Christmas cards through the year? Don't forget that the deadline for this challenge is Wednesday March 26 - hope to see you there!

ETA (Dec 6/14) - this stamp was custom made for me by Minna So, who also designed my blog header. I found her on Etsy originally, but seem to have lost touch.

17 comments:

  1. I love this one as much as the last, Ardyth, it's just gorgeous! Nope, didn't spot the mix up with the inlaying ... I was simply enjoying the view! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have about 20 made...so far so good! Love this inlaid die...and can't find the messed up stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beauty again! Great to see how many ways there are to play with words... Have a good weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love this interpretation of the inspiration photo - true to the photo and true to your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sentiment running down the side mimicking the tree branches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never find Waldo...who is quite a big guy, so chances of me finding two wee misplaced pieces with tiny green lines on it is likely not going to happen! But who's looking at that part of the card? I'm gazing at the fabulous idea that you came up with! Bobby is right, the sentiment mimics the branches beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! Love the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is fabulous, love the inlaid silver snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful. I did try to see where the stamping did not line up, but honestly, cannot find a single flaw.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello -

    I just love this card - esp. the font on the merry christmas stamp. Would you mind sharing whose stamp it is?

    Thanks -
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello again - I am not sure if my question went through....

    I love this card - esp the font on the merry christmas stamp. Would you mind sharing who makes it?

    Thanks -
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning and thanks for the quick response:)

    I found her! She has a beautiful website and recently designed the Valentine catalog for Tiffanys!!!!!

    I don't see that she is doing stamps anymore, but I sent her a note to ask.

    Thanks much for the info.

    Merry Christmas -
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello again.

    Minna So responded to my email right away and will make a stamp for me. Would you mind telling me what the dimensions are of yours - it seems perfect for so many applications and since " merry Christmas" is such a long sentiment I don't want to oversize it:)

    Thank you again !

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jen - email me at ardythpr@gmail.com
    I'm heading up to measure right now, but maybe she has a record of my order?

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.