Tuesday 11 March 2014

CASology 86 - Roots


This week's CASology Cue Card is Roots.



The DT had lots of discussion about this one and came up with some really fun interpretations! I went with "I'm rooting for you!". I created the pom-poms with a stamp from Neat & Tangled's Party Kit set, used the YOU from MFT's Bold Statements, and Kelly Purkey's Plain Jane Alpha for the 'GO'.

I decided to use yellow because its cheerfulness reinforces the encouragement and happiness intended for the recipient of this card. I think that after white space, colour is one of the most powerful tools in CAS design. When you don't have a lot of elements on a card, each one has to work hard to support the message.

I added Stickles to add to the movement of the tassles in the pom-poms.

We've got other news too - a change in our timeline so you have more time to play along!

We are:

extending the deadline for entries to Mondays at 1pm Eastern.

announcing our winners and honorable mentions on Tuesdays at 8am Eastern

Challenges will begin at the same time as usual, 9 am Eastern on Tuesdays.

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you come up with!



17 comments:

  1. Cute and fun - love your interpretation of the cue word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card and oh so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl! This is such a fun interpretation of the cue word! Love that bright yellow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bright yellow pom poms speak volumes Ardyth! Great take on this thought provoking Cue Word!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever, Ardyth ... wonderful glisteny pom poms and such a happy card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab sentiment for a card and you're so right about the positive sunny colour :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Ardyth! The bright yellow with a bit of glitter is perfect for the pompoms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pom poms are awesome!! You totally rocked this cue word. And you make an excellent point about colour on CAS cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The vibrant colors really do 'sell' a CAS card! Love the stickles and your sentiment rocks!

    Hope you're having a fabulous week with Kate. I had a great visit with Brady...sure wish I could have stayed another week! Nothing beats Mommy & Daughter time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, I totally didn't get it until I read your post. I even paused a minute to see if it would come to me. Clever, clever. Also like your use of yellow. It's a very happy, school spirit kind of color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful interpretation of the cue word. I'd say your card is happy, fun and exciting. Interesting perspective on color. I never thought of it that way, and so I learned something from you today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE that this is a CHEER you on card! Cool, you are a master with any type of stickles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, who doesn't like to "root for the home team" after all? GREAT card, great pop of color, great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another great card Ardyth, great idea for 'Root'

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Idea to use ROOT on your lovely card dear Ardyth, you are having a great idea and love the cheerfull color on your card...clever card....love it

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.