Welcome to the first Card Concept Challenge! We're so excited to finally get started on this new bi-weekly challenge! The idea is to use the inspiration given in one of the 6 different styles. You can design in your favourite style or you can try something new to push yourself out of your comfort zone a little! See below for a reminder of the Challenge rules.
This challenge is a colour challenge. And you'll recall that I am one of the Clean and Graphic (CAG) Designers. There is a description of all the styles on the Card Concept blog and I've started a page here on MASKerade (see top right) where I've placed the description of CAG and have pinned a number of cards of mine that I consider to be good examples of CAG style.
And in the end, I love this card - it reminds me of Neapolitan ice cream. I coloured the two ends of the die cut with copic markers and coated it in stickles. Using a solid brown circle makes the sentiment pop.
I made another card, using the negative of the die cut and some scraps. In my opinion, it's a little cleaner, but a little less graphic. But I think that both these cards show the Clean and Graphic style quite well.
The Card Concept Rules
- Use the Challenge to create a card.
- Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
- Explain in your post which style you used.
- Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
- Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!
This challenge will end on Monday, January 20th at 3:00 pm EST.