Saturday 25 January 2014

FFC23 - Merry (Horsey) Christmas


A gentle reminder that there is still time to play along with the current Festive Friday Challenge!



It's been a while since I made any horse cards for my horse-surgeon sister. I bought this stamp at Crate and Barrell just before Christmas (but don't worry, it was already on sale!). This is a Scandinavian  toy horse from Yellow Owl Workshop and I think he works really well with the barn on this inspiration photo. After I stamped him, I went through my Christmas stamps, looking for a Scandinavian-looking sentiment. No, I didn't really know what that would look like either, but I figured I would know it when I saw it! lol! In the end, this Stampin' Up sentiment with the lines works perfectly to provide grounding for the horse, in a fairly neutral font.

The deadline is Wednesday at midnight PST (which is 3 am EST).

14 comments:

  1. Hahaha, Ardyth ... I was wondering as I was reading about a Scandinavian font ... and you answered my unasked question! Lovely bold image ... and yep, that font is perfect with it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bold image with the pattern is awesome. I'm sure your sister will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors on this Ardyth! Love the horse - I had a wooden one like it from the World's Fair that was held in New York way back in '65 from the Scandinavian shop (of course I was VERY young then!!??!) and the font on the sentiment goes with it perfectly - nice and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Dala horse, Ardyth. Who would have ever thought of getting a stamp at Crate and Barrel? I guess you need to keep your eyes open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool horse. I can't believe it is not a stamp. You did find the perfect sentiment to go with him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you had us all at 'Scandinavian font'...

    Great choice with the SU stamp...the 'wishing you' script font works perfectly with curve of the reins and bridal!

    Your sister is going to love this card! You should likely get started on the 2014 Christmas supply!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big horse fan and really like the whimsical look of this image! You're absolutely right - the sentiment grounds it perfectly! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat card, Ardyth, & perfect for your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your sister will love this beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Ardyth…that image is awesome!!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make it look so easy, my friend..........!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.