Saturday 25 January 2014

CTS61 - Happy Birthday


My craft room has become a birthday card factory! Between January 11 and March 5, we have my dad, Michael, our niece Kara, my MIL and Brother in Law (same day), my sister, another BIL, my mom and my daughter Kate. Phew!

This one is for my brother in law (same day as my MIL, but much closer geographically!)

I used this week's CAS(E) This Sketch layout:



I debated filling in the flames with yellow and/or stickles but in the end left it clean and graphic. Michael's sentiment and Technique Tuesday candle.

8 comments:

  1. Love the graphic look, Ardyth ... definitely the right move to leave it uncoloured ... rather cool and manly! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool all in one color. (great contrast, right?) CAS perfection and great for a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 9 birthdays between January 5 and March 15. Fortunately I do have a few leftovers but they never seem quite right. Yours is perfect as black and white, no colored flames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great call in leaving the design strictly black & white - HUGE wow factor and totally manly! Love the graphic design of the candle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is stunning! Great decision to leave it without additional colours ? Brilliant idea for a male card.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous graphic card, love that you kept to the black and white :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome guy card and I love that you left it all in black. Hope everything is rolling along smoothly in the factory! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is fabulous! Such a striking take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.