Monday 6 January 2014

CTS58 - Happy Birthday!


The kids are back in school and it was too icy for my morning walk, so I decided to put my 'extra' time to good use.

This simple card is for the current CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge:



I have turned the sketch on its side and extended the image slightly beyond the card for interest. Also, because I wanted the balloon to be shiny (but not mirror), I used glossy white cardstock, sponged with Festive Berries ink. The sentiment is from Avery Elle.

I'm heading back up to my craft room to make some more cards! If you have extra time due to the weather, don't forget the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge. Also, Muse is back with our first challenge for 2014 - a beautiful sunny card to make you forget all about the nasty weather. There's plenty to keep us all busy while we hibernate!

18 comments:

  1. love that glossy balloon! so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye-catching! I seriously, truly and deeply LOVE your graphic style, Ardyth!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such glossy gorgeousness, Ardyth ... stunning! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! The balloon is beautifu! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous and dramatic. That glossy red balloon is really a show stopper. It really does look like you put your extra time to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! This is a great interpretation of the CTS sktech! The little red balloon warms my heart, and with it being so cold outside, I really needed that! Love your sweet, clean and graphic style. I think you've got a winner here. Stay warm. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute colorful card. The sketch looks great rotated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...so fun and that glossy balloon is just the perfect addition to your card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of your 'extra time'. How did you ever come up with the idea to use the glossy card stock to create such a beautiful matte finish? Your creativity is astounding!!!

    The sideways sentiment creates a brilliant 'up, up and away' feel to your card! Love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Utterly sweet and lovely! Love that floating balloon! Happy 2014, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course, all balloons should be glossy. Why have I not thought of that one too? LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderfully done! Great CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful CAS card :) Love the red balloon :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.