Welcome to Day 6!
You may have heard me talking about making photo cards for a couple of my friends. This design was totally cased from the fabulous Jennifer McGuire (except for the stitching - I don't sew!). I made 80 of the red 5x7cards for the Taylors and 35 of the green 4.25x5.5 cards for the Kirchners. (see below for the 'open' views).
By about the 30th time, I became very proficient at using that tricky die cut. I covered the back of the paper I was cutting with double-sided tape and then ran it through my Cuttlebug. I found that it was important to have the writing actually running along the long side of the 8.5x11 page (ie. think 'grain' of the paper). The trick was to actually leave the die cut IN the die, so I could use a paper piercer to remove all the little 'loopy' bits. Then I turned the die back over, pressed it onto the vellum and carefully peeled the die away, leaving the die cut (almost always) perfectly in place. Now to say that it went smoothly 115 times would not be quite true. The important thing is that it's now finished and all the cards have been delivered!
Don't forget to check out the inspiration from the rest of The Crew: