Wednesday 21 August 2013

OLW 154 - One-One-One


Heather is hosting this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge and it's FUN! Use one image, one sentiment and one colour. This is an object lesson in how playing along with a challenge can land you with a card that you love, that you wouldn't have otherwise made. Let me tell you my thought process.

I'm falling behind on my church Christmas cards (only about 150 done, should be up to about 200 by now!) so I wanted to make this card suitable for that project.

I love this little Market Street Stamps Baby Jesus and at first, I didn't even want to add a sentiment. But since I had to have one to qualify, I wanted one that was small, simple, funky but still recognizable and meaningful. In the end I chopped up a Verve "Joy to the world, the Lord is come" so that it fit right under the manger.

And I have to say that this simple card just takes my breath away (and I'm not one known for breathlessness!). But that's the truth about Christmas, isn't it - the simplest message is the most amazing message of all.

16 comments:

  1. Really lovely and great use of image and sentiment. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure make a TON of cards 200??? OMG craziness gf! :) You did good on the olw challenge with this card~

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is breathtaking, Ardyth! I can't imagine making 200 cards! I hope you can hand deliver most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love simple Christmas cards with a message and this is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly loving this. So very right about the simplest message being the most amazing of all. This is just wonderful card. Great 1-1-1. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ardyth, I can see why this takes your breath away! I love this card...simply and GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ardyth, you are the master of one layered cards! This is wonderful as well as meaningful and that is what a Christmas card should be. I'm not found of Christmas cards that have little content when it comes to the sentiment. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card, Ardyth! I love the sentiment and sweet image...it's amazing how much punch a one layer card can have, and you always do it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! The cards I was going to use for this challenge are red Christmas cards, too! It's a perfect combo for this challenge. Love your simple manger, Ardyth! I have a feeling many of my cards this year will follow this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wonderful simplicity of this great card Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't have thought of choosing red for the manger but it works beautifully. I might have gone with the traditional straw or wood colour then wondered why mine didn't make an impact like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulous little card! It is so simple but really packs a punch :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonder - ful !!! (Or shall I say full of wonder?!) Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It really is a stunner and you're right - it's a perfect reminder of the true, simple joy of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lesson indeed, such a simple message on a simple card!
    I am going to try this technique for my cards this year :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.