Wednesday 7 August 2013

Introducing: Background Builders: Flower Power (Uniko Studio's August Release)

Today's the day!  You get to see the first set of the August release for Uniko Studios - Background Builders: Flower Power!

I am so honoured that Beverly contacted me and asked me to be the Guest Designer for this month's release. And I've been having so much fun playing with these new stamp sets and dies - I can't wait for you to see them all! They'll be available for purchase on August 11 and a there's a chance for you to win the entire release!

This flowery background set comes with 5 different flowered backgrounds. I completely fell in love with two of the solid flower background stamps - the posy (my name, not an official one) and the daisy, which I've featured today.


I was intrigued with the way that each stamp is two rows of flowers, offset, so that the ends are angled rather than straight. For the first card, I took advantage of that feature to enable me to make the chevrons out of the posy background. (and oops, you're getting an ahead-of-time sneak peek at another new set there!)



For my second card, I used the posies, a rainbow of colours and a sentiment from the previously released Time set.



Finally, I used the daisy background stamp to create this field by embossing in clear, sponging green over the top and then colouring each centre with a yellow Copic marker. I used another Time sentiment to finish.

There's lots more to see - the whole DT has been working hard to provide you with inspiration of how to use this stamp set for today's blog hop - if you followed the hop, MASKerade is the last stop, but if you haven't been on the hop here are the links:

and  August Guest Designer: Ardyth (that's me)!

I'll be back tomorrow with cards made with another new set for this month's release!

23 comments:

  1. WOW! I just knew you would showcase my products perfectly and you've done more than that! WOW WOW WOW! The rainbow cards are so cheerful and I didn't even know I had designed the strips to create a chevron like that - ha! And the daisy card is just fabulous. Thank you SO much for being guest designer this month :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your cards, the rainbow colours and effects you have achieved are brill and really summery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright cards. I really like the repetition of the second card. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card are just so beautiful, my personal favourites from this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ardyth I love your cards, that background samp is so sweet. Congrats on being Guest Designer! See you at lunch, I am really looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab cards, congrats on the DT spot! I love the reverse effect of the embossing on the final card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Ardyth. I love your cards. All of them are so bright and cheerful! I don't have many background stamps so these are going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your rainbow colour of flowers. Great idea with the chevron & love the sentiment between the flowers on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stamping is always so perfect. Arranging the flowers in a chevron is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me at rainbow...LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just so you with the bright rainbow colours! Love the way you made the flower chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your cards is going to have customers scrambling over each other to get these stamps sets ordered! Fabulous job showcasing this release. Of course, your incredibly perfect stamping had me staring at my monitor for hours...marveling at your skill and your creativity! Stunning cards!

    Sounds like you gals had a great time! Isn't our crafting world just the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great colors on all your cards! Love that sweet flower border design! So fun and versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh... three fabulous cards. The embossed flowers with green sponging card is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun, festive trio of cards! Like all three designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning series of cards! I echo Geri: I'll be one of those customers scrambling to get ahold of this new release! Beautiful, striking, eye-catching, as always!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super beautiful cards, Arydth! Love the white embossed on the green background.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YAY! So excited to see you being a guest designer! You were definitely made to do this sort of thing ... you'll sell a ton of stamps : )

    So, favorites time ... got to be the chevron flower strip. Such a clever use of them, and a very strong design. So well done, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's like the stamps were designed with you in mind. Love all the rainbows you made.

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my! these cards just make me so happy. they are so awesome

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.