Friday 30 August 2013

FFC16 - Peace


It's time for a new Festive Friday Challenge!


Peace

I decided to go minimal and use a lot of white space to convey the feeling of peace. I embossed the mod tree from Holiday Happiness (Stampin' Up) in silver, then added a little Peace symbol (Deadbeat Designs) as an ornament and "Peace" from Technique Tuesday (also embossed in silver).

I used turquoise and green for the peace symbol, to represent the earth and layered the front panel on turquoise and green mats only slightly bigger than the panel.

And now it's your turn! I'm certainly looking forward to the relative 'peace' I'll have in the house next week when the kids go back to school - maybe you are too? ;-)

Don't forget to link up before the deadline on Wednesday, September 11.


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Ardyth! I love the delicate silver tree and the hint of colour from the peace symbol.

    (It cracked me up that you "decided" to go minimal!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS and gorgeous. I love the touch of color on the peace sign. School started back for us this week. I certainly love the routine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That feeling of peace you wanted to convey absolutely hits the mark. This is just lovely. Enjoy the p&q around your house. Hope the kids enjoy school and you enjoy craft time! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally nailed it! The exact thing that comes to mind is "peace" when I see your card (even pretending that you didn't tell me exactly that with your sentiment!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not square and it's oh-so-cool. Absolutely love the little peace sign. Happy end of summer...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the graphic tree and linear sentiment, and how your peace sign adds such a great pop of color to this card! It's so 'you' and really beautiful, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in total and complete awe of your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have definitely captured a serene and peaceful mood! The silver & green combo was quite a surprise but it is absolutely gorgeous - especially with the 'earthy' peace symbol! Will definitely be adding this color combo to my favorite list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I'm so glad to be back when I can look as something as gorgeous as this, Ardyth ... simple, classic, perfect! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow--this is beautiful and striking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so pretty...it seems to glow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a powerful message in a CAS design.... brilliant :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect. It really does feel peaceful and the green and turquoise peace sign is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two great cards Ardyth. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.