Friday 2 August 2013

FFC14 - Candy Cane


Time for a new Festive Friday challenge! This time it's an element challenge and the element is Candy Cane!

Candy Cane element



To create my big candy cane (so big you can only see a small part of it!), I cut one inch strips of MASK IT and placed them one inch apart. It was actually quite easy to make sure the stripes were parallel - I always stamp on a Stampin' Up pad of grid paper and so I just used repositionable tape to place my panel on the grid lines at a slight angle, and then use the grid lines to place the masks straight across the 'not-straight' panel.

Finally, I sponged in the remaining portions in Real Red, let it dry and stamped my favourite Stampabilities Merry Christmas.

I hope you'll come and play along with us - it's August now, my friends - November (the time when you'll panic if you haven't started your Christmas cards) is not that far away any more!



17 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS.

    When I started these, I wanted the element challenges to go beyond the obvious way of including whatever it was - exactly like you've done. It's SO PERFECT!!! And suits you so well.. beautiful, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card and a gr8 idea

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. A yummy candy cane this big would be the dream of EVERY little kid!!!

    "Yummy" is the perfect word to explain this card! Your flawless sponging created such a nice deep hue of Real Red!

    Yep, another card that has soared to the top of my "Ardyth" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful, micro-view of a candy cane!! So strong and energetic. Great idea to zoom in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crisp clean and i can almost taste the mint! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So CAS, so PERFECT, Ardyth!!I love the modern vibe in this card! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog with your wonderful well-wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous idea Ardyth! Love this take :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful, BIG candy cane!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Festive! Love the bold simplicity. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. I'd never have thought of this. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew you made this card, even before I saw your name under it - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a few days behind on my blogs...but I just wanted to say I.LOVE.THIS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This too is so very COOL. Love that sentiment font.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous - so simple! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.