Tuesday 20 August 2013

CASology 58 - Paper


This week's CASology Cue Card is Paper!



Can you even see this design?! Tone on tone (white embossing on Soft Stone (PTI) cardstock) looks very clean, calm and soothing, but the photography of this card was anything but that (tips appreciated, if you have them)!

I used CTMH 'JetSet' for the plane and trail, and Simon Says Stamp 'Be' for the sentiment. It's a cute little set that comes with a few different 'be's and a bunch of other words for you to be. I loved the idea of lining up 3 adjectives along the fingers of the E. And I think that they match the airy, soaring feel of the paper airplane.

Everyone's back in my house, all having had a wonderful time away (Cadet camp for Struan, and Crieff Hyrdo in Scotland for Kate and Michael). Here are some photos of Kate's holiday:

amongst the heather (and wild blueberries!)  on a hill nearby

riding Opal


on the 'hamster wheel' with her cousin


My 'staycation' was wonderful - I wasn't quite ready for it to be over, if you know what I mean, but I am definitely happy to have all my chickies back in the nest!

And now it's your turn to play - create a card inspired by the cue card Paper. Don't forget to check out what the rest of the DT came up with:


19 comments:

  1. A nightmare to photograph but so worth it. This is gorgeous! The white embossing glows against the soft stone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful inspiration as always!
    Thanks so much Ardyth.
    Looks as if she had LOTS of fun!
    Enjoy your full house... soon it will be time for one of my little chicks to leave the nest... again :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you pain trying to photograph this, I did a tone on tone card not long ago and took forever to get a photo that I was kinda ok with. But you card is fab as always. On a seperate not I am very jealouse of your daughters trip to Crieff Hydro, I love it there

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the white on white! So glad your stay-cation went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome PAPER card! Loving the paper plane. Your CAS is so soft an airy!!

    Great staycation pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tone on tone is fabulous Ardyth and yes photographing light coloured card is a nightmare! Your card is brilliant! Fabulous pictures from Kate's trip, looks like she had a blast. Love the water ball!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Genius take on this week's cue card, Ardyth! I love the white embossing on soft stone (hadn't thought of it)...Looks fab!

    Looks like your kids had a great time while at camp...how lucky they are!

    Sorry, but I have no tips for photographing tone on tone...I think your blue background really helped!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous take on the cue word, ardyth! love the tone on tone look you achieved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course... a paper plane what else could be a better take on the cue card :) Love this

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the cue word! Love the way you've stamped the sentiment :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. First I have to say that I want a ride on the Hamster wheel, it looks like so much fun! Now on to your card, fabulous as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this!!! when i saw the cue, i immediatly thought of that same stamp set! i'll have to try and come up with another way to use it since yours is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Superb "paper" card, Ardy! Thank you for sharing the photos! She is beaming with the happiness of a kid during the summer months!! Glad you enjoyed your staycation, too, and I do know what you mean!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The white on white is amazing! It must have been really hard to photograph! I know what you're glad to have your chicks home. Glad you enjoyed your break. We all need one once in a while, especially moms!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sheen of the tone on tone, beautifully subtle and perfect for a CAS design :0)
    Great action photos..... Those hamster wheels look such fun !!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the white embossing on the soft grey, such a great look! Perfect for tha super paper airplane image!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry I haven't been able to comment much. Guests here, and while they all went to the zoo, I'm home checking and rechecking blogland!! This is a stunner card. Your photography looks spot on to me. Love this card. Perfectly CAS. Great use of cue word. Gotta run, just heard car doors...Bev

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ardyth, this is so cool...I love the tone on tone effect and you did a brilliant job photographing it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute card with a paper plane. Love white on white. :-)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.