Tuesday 13 August 2013

CASology 57 - Picnic


This week's CASology Cue Card is Picnic!



When I think of picnic, I think of a red gingham tablecloth and ants and lemonade and watermelon. Once I chose watermelon, I thought about how to portray that word in the simplest way I could. Blocks of colour often evoke images - in some ways, this card is similar to my candy cane card from last week. With iconic images such as watermelon and candy cane, it's easy to use colour to get your message across.

I stamped "sweet" using Avery Elle's Fun with Letters set. I spread out the letters and embossed them so that they would look like the seeds in the watermelon (are there seeds in any watermelons anymore? If not, how do we grow new ones? But I digress.....)

Now it's your turn - show us what picnic means to you before the deadline next Sunday at 4:00 pm CST.

Before you go, don't forget to see what the other members of the DT have made for your inspiration!


I am planning on taking a few days off. Struan's away at camp, and Michael and Kate have gone to Scotland for a vacation with Michael's family (I HAD to stay home because Struan needs to be picked up before the others are coming home). Long way of saying I have the house to myself for a few days and really want to make the most of my vacation (oh, yes, it's a vacation, probably one of the best EVER!), so if you don't see me (except for my Festive Friday and CASology posts, of course), don't worry! I'll be back after next weekend.

25 comments:

  1. Hope your week is going great. This truly is a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed a sweet card, Ardyth. Love the pink and green color combinations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This, to me, is a classic Ardyth card. I love how you created this brilliant graphic watermelon! But what's this about watermelons not having seeds?? Half the fun of eating watermelon is seeing who can spit the seeds the farthest!
    Hope you have a fantastic and peaceful week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A square watermelon...man you are one creative woman! Enjoy your stay-cation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this watermelon card. It absolutely evokes sweet, tasty, summertime treats. You are just so darn clever. Have a great staycation and enjoy every minute. : ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome abstract card! Have a FANTASTIC and restful staycation Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome :) The idea of sentiment as watermelon seeds in brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so darn clever, adryth!! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors remind me of watermelon!! Love this so much, Ardyth! My red carpet is ready (wink!)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love how the sweet are the "seeds" to me for the watermelon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A color blocked watermelon?? GENIUS! My favorite summertime fruit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I new you would do something fantastic Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is perfect!! LOVE the boldness of your card! Simply, AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so brilliant! LOVE it! Enjoy your me time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...this is simply amazing! So stinkin' creative, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another amazing example of your unbelievable creativity!!! Yes, the letters totally look like seeds and yes, watermelon instantly popped into my wee little brain the second I saw your card! Mission accomplished in a bright, fun and 'sweet' way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As soon as I saw your card, I thought watermelon! Love your color blocking and bold sentiment on this fun card, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I live in Scotland- I just hope they packed for all weathers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am blown away with how your have gotten your message across with the color blocking and just one word. I hope you are enjoying your empty house.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh for crying out loud! How in the heck do you get these brilliant ideas?! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! I totally saw watermelon as soon as I opened this.

    We did have a big watermelon with seeds recently. I usully try to buy seedless though, for watermelon salad.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, just brilliant, Ardyth...I expected nothing less! Perfect watermelon and the seeds? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know this was 14 days ago but blogging time has been severely restricted in the holidays and now I have some me time!! :0)
    Love this card Ardyth, the letters representing seeds is just a brilliant idea :0)
    Hope you enjoyed your time at home alone :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.