Thursday 15 August 2013

A Wonderful Day


Guess what I did on Thursday? I met up with Tracey (we're old friends since we had lunch together last week) and then we drove to Virginia's house for lunch! Despite the 3 hour trip (should have been about an hour, but there was a terrible accident on the highway), we had a lovely time. Virginia and Dr John were the perfect hosts! Virginia cooked us a scrumptious homemade lunch, including her famous springrolls, pasta and home made peach pie while Dr John kept our drinks filled up and the camera going! We even got to meet their son, who came home from work just before we left.

We had a quick peek into the room where the magic happens (Virginia's craft room, of course - what did you think I was going to say!) and then we rushed off to the Farmers' Market to buy some peaches to make our own pies when we got home! (I'm eating one as I type - it's PERFECT!). Then we drove into a little town where I ran into an old friend from high school and had fun catching up for a few minutes while Tracey and Virginia had a quick shop in a local scrapbooking store! And the weather was absolutely perfect. It was so much fun and we agreed that we'll have to get together again very soon! (PS - do you love this photo - it's not very often that I'm the tall one! lol!)


15 comments:

  1. You lucky girls! Sounds like a delightful day! Lovely photos of the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUN is this! I love meeting fellow stampers! Very cool all 3 of you are FAMOUS :)-- fab photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I was secretly jealous to hear that you and Tracey got together, but THIS? Oh, MY! What fun to meet Virginia (and Dr. John and her son, too!)! I am trying to hide my green complexion right now! Seriously, I am so thrilled that the three of you were able to get together...how very FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pleasure is all OURS, Ardyth!! Dr. John and I had such FUN with you and Tracey even though the visit was rather short! Thank you so much for driving hours just to meet up with me! We must do this again soon! This is definitely a highlight for me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day!!! Wish I could have been there! I bet the food was amazing along with the company! It's so nice that you guys live close by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so darn cool! It's like a meeting of the minds! I'm so glad you posted the pics ... your smiling faces totally jumped out at me on my reader : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely photo...and you do look very tall! How fun that you all got to meet up again and meet with Virginia and your lunch sounds so good too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a perfect day. So great to meet our blogging friends IRL. I meet Lynn and Aimes recently and it was wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing crafty friends enjoying each others company - hugs Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it great to get to meet up with blogging buddies! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky girls! So fabulous that the three of you got to get together and I'm sure it won't be the last time. Your day together sounds perfect (minus the traffic!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry there was an accident that cut into your visiting time! But, it looks like you made the most of it and had a grand time together. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome sounding day!! (..and yes, YOU being the tall one?...enjoy it when you can sweetpea :) ..and speaking of sweet - post a picture of your pie next time too... I love your food pics almost as much as your card pics :)
    Mrs. H
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun day. I would love to get together with blogging buddies. That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a wonderful day!! I met Virginia for the first time at Scrapfest in Oct. even though we don't live that far from each other, I am just a few subdivisions over. She is an easy going person and great to talk to. I am a few blocks from the market too...hope you got some wonderful peaches...I love peach pie.
    hugs,
    k

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.