Remember a little while ago, I made this card?
I didn't make it with the intention of it becoming one of my designs for my Church Christmas cards, but I was pleased with it and decided to adapt it so that it would be suitable.
Many of you know already that this year I'm making 300 Christmas cards for churches. Each church sends them out to members of their congregations, with a photocopied list of people of contributed to the project (the money goes to the church - I donate the cards) and a message from the church.
Because we need to enclose a list of participants, I generally make the cards a full A2 size, rather than my personally preferred 4.25x4.25 square.
To adapt this design, I did the following:
- I made the focal point larger, by choosing a different, larger sentiment (Verve).
- I reduced the layers (and the amount of embossing that would have been involved!)
- Added some scoring on the front panel for interest.
- Softened the sponging so that I wouldn't have to cut a mask (although they were actually quite pretty just gold on white!).
- And I used Tempting Turquoise cardstock (an ongoing colour) rather than Bermuda Bay (which I'm running out of!)
I've added a new page "My Church Christmas Cards", which has most of them there (including some from past years, although many I don't have photographs of), and links to the corresponding Pinterest Board, if you're interested in seeing more.