Wednesday 3 April 2013

OLW134 - Threesome!


It's April 3 and time for another One Layer Wednesday Challenge. We all know that 3 is the magic number in design and architecture. So our challenge for this week is to use as many threesomes as you can. A threesome can be any group of 3 things - you could stamp 3 of the same image, use 3 different stamps or colours - wherever your imagination takes you!

For example - this card has 3 stamps, 3 colours (this colour scheme suggested by my sister, and very pretty it is!) and 3 'beads' of Stickles (I laid it on thick for some dimension as well as sparkle). It's a threesome of threesomes! (Does that make 9? lol!)

I used copics to add some shading to my crocus - a great way to add a little interest to a large solid stamp.

OLW134 Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of card stock folded in half. No other layers allowed!!!

2. Use as many 3's as you can - colours, stamps, images.... Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.

3. Post your card somewhere online and link to it using the InLinkz box on the sidebar of MASKerade. In your post, tell us how many threesomes you used in your card. If you link to your blog, please make sure it's to the individual post and not your home page.

4. The most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!!!!!



47 comments:

  1. So pretty, Ardyth! I love the colours! I'll try to find some time for OLW this week. It's been too long since I played along. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous.

    (3 word comment)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous - love that crocus stamp! The copic highlights make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is beautiful - love it! And congrats on your Muse position...looking forward to being inspired some more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I did receive my very funky birthday card in yesterday's mail and love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Ardyth! Fabulous image, and I love the shading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo beautiful. Great font, great image, and love those colors. Perfect little touch of stickles too. Love it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous. And, yes--you get credit for 9 in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, I love the boldness of this card, and the colours are a perfect combo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab, fab, fab card. Love the stickles effect. I am very fond of cards that have a raised element.

    I just might have to join this one..... Great inspiration card as it is so bright, springy and Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a wonderful spring design Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card, Ardyth! Gorgeous colors and strikingly beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very eye catching card! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally stunning, Ardyth, I love all nine components of this gorgeous threesome of threesomes! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wht a beauty!! Will have to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colors are gorgeous and the stickles really add dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay...my new most favorite Ardyth card ever! Awesome job shading the petals. Sister had great advice with this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - gorgeous! I love how you used a bit of Copic marker over the inked bloom!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. In the always evolving and fun world of Maskerade, this has now become my favorite Ardyth card of all time. Thud!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowzer--one of the best 1 layer cards I've ever seen! I just love this, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is a gorgeous card! So elegant. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I literally GASPED when I saw this! STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the dimension you gave with the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So classy. Love the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely beautiful card! CASEing soon! Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful crocus! Love the stickles!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely sample! Fun challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful! I love your yellow flower and your three dots of sticklesl...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just beautiful. Love the thin shading on your leaves, and the color scheme (gray is so HOT i can't stop using it).

    Still thinking about those chevron tops on your tulips. SO BRILLIANT I can hardly stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely card! Nice colors and the shading on the flower/stem, looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you so much for inviting me to play along in this week's challenge...so many beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  37. The shading you added to the flower is gorgeous and I love the grey stem!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Stunning card Ardyth! Love it!!!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  39. Just stunning, love the bold shape and extra shading :0)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.