Wednesday 19 December 2012

OLW119 - Silver and Blue


This week's One Layer Wednesday challenge is being hosted by Heather and it's a colour challenge - Silver and Blue. How appropriate at this time of year!

I played around for a while before settling on this pretty Memory Box snowflake wreath. I embossed it (and the Hero Arts sentiment) in silver and then overstamped with two different sized dots - the larger in Cool Caribbean and the darker in Island Indigo.

I hope you'll play along - it's always so fun to see how everyone interprets the challenge slightly differently!

On another note, Tuesday was a 'strike' day. Our teachers staged a one day walk out to protest a new law that will limit their ability to negotiate and strike, as well as limiting salaries and radically changing sick day policy, among other things. I had two of Kate's friends over for most of the day, as their parents both work.

My friend Kelly Griglione (SOOOOO creative and inspirational - go check her out!) recently posted a tutorial about how to make some simple folded Christmas ornaments, so I quickly reviewed it and got out all the stuff for the girls to make their own. We SUPERSIZED them and used neon paper, adding glitter at the end (should be done earlier in the process, by the way, but we didn't know if we would have time for it to dry!). Here's some photos of the girls working away and the finished products:




10 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, the embossing is exquisite! So glad you shared the photos, making it a fun day for the kids. Fingers crossed the Government and the Teachers Union come to an agreement. Kill the bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my absolute Ardyth made favorites! Honestly, I thoght you stamped & embossed all the individual snowflakes! The colored dots....brilliant!

    This card truly is stunning! Another stamp that is going on my list!

    Looks like you had a fun crafty kind of day with the kidlets! Thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm, where to start ... OK, first of all, I have been so looking forward to having my "Ardyth time" and now that the Christmas cards are done, it's here! Second, I am relieved to read that you did NOT stamp those snowflakes in a circle. Because quite honestly, that is so not out of the realm of possibilities for you. Putting the dots on top of the embossed snowflakes? So creative! Love this idea. Third, SO THRILLED to see the girls with their super-sized ornaments!! Hey, that would be perfect for party decor ... use the colors from your party and hang a bunch of these from the ceiling. Then you could fold them up and save them afterwards (always bothered me about making those tissue paper Martha Stewart puffs that you couldn't save them, so they usually stayed on our ceiling for weeks afterwards.) Looks like they had fun, and I'm so happy you shared. Totally made my day : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so pretty! Love the silver embossing, and how you stamped dots over the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, Ardy! I saw Kelly's adorable ornaments and wished the twinks lived close enough so I could run over after school and do this sort of thing. I've put this in my faves so maybe we can do it next year on a November weekend. The girls with their finished dazzlers are just adorable!!

    Your card, as ever, is brilliant and flawless!

    Thank you for the holiday wishes; I send the same to you and your family! It's been fun making friends with you!! Darny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ardyth, your card is so pretty and sparkly! I love it! And those super-sized ornaments look great, good work girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of your girls. So sweet...the ornaments are perfect. I love the detail on the stamp for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty Ardyth, particularlry with two blues. I like the girls craft too.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.