Monday 9 July 2012

OLW95 - Stars and Stripes (again!)



This week's OLW challenge is to use stars and stripes. This idea was so clear in my head but when the time came to make the card, I discovered that I do not have a big solid star stamp. How can that be?! I have stripey stars (see this card) and empty stars and lots of different patterns, and lots of little solid stars, but no solid star this big. I put my thinking cap on. Hmmmm. What would Heather T do? Well I happen to know for sure that Heather would cut a star mask and sponge the star. So that's what I did. No smudges even! I used Versafine Onyx and then embossed it in clear (also for the sentiment). The stripe and Happy Birthday are from Typically Teen from The Craft's Meow. The stripe was stamped in Kaleidecolor blue.

Are you ready for CASology - tomorrow's the big day! Stop by (here or CASology) at 9:00 EST Tuesday morning to see the first cue card and the Design Team's samples. Then it will be time for you to make your own CASology creation! I can't wait!

12 comments:

  1. Oh absolutely brilliant card.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY clever use of the stamp I thought must be skid marks for a race car. I have the skid stamp but haven't found the race car yet.

    Great job!

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeness! Brilliant solution to your star problem and I love the shininess!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How ingenious of you, love your masked star! See you tomorrow--YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it exciting when we get resourceful? New ideas without spending more craft $$$! Love the white space on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, is like the star is passing by. Very nice. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the love. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to figure out a way to make it happen! Love that you shared that too, it's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love the flashy stripe on this card, and the star looks like hammered metal.

    Can't wait to see the new CASology blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you made me laugh! 'What would Heather T do?' A little mask, a little sponging - exactly! The clear embossing looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful, I love the shaded stripes and lovely glossy star, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Love the embossed star...really stands out on your card! Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly excellent channeling of Heather T, Ardyth! The shine on that star is unbelievable and the colour is amazing. Silly question, but how did you emboss after sponging? Did you sponge on a pigment ink?

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.