Friday 13 July 2012

LIM 75 (3) - Gold and a little CRM


I had a very productive afternoon in my craft room on Thursday, and after thinking I wouldn't be able to play along with this week's Less Is More challenge to use gold, I ended up with 3 entries. I'm going to take a page from Bethany's book and have 3 posts so I can enter all 3, so please bear with me.

This stamp is one of the first I ever bought. Despite the fact that I was raised in The Salvation Army (still attend with my family) and I don't drink, I love this image and I often use it for weddings and anniversaries.  My husband is Scottish and I met him while I was working in the UK (way, WAY back!). This image is from Stampendous and is called Glasgow Cheer, because it is in the style of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, an amazing Scottish designer, architect and artist and one of the founders of The Glasgow Style (which to my untrained eye has some similarities to the Prairie Style and Frank Lloyd Wright - one of my other favourites). Mackintosh is well known for the roses in this image (and many other things!) and if you have time to take a look at some of his work, you'll see why I love it so much.

This image is simply stamped and embossed in gold on Shimmery White , layered onto Brushed Gold and then onto some Japanese cardstock that is so beautiful - I think you can catch a glimpse of the fibres and the flecks of gold in the cardstock. I remember buying it - not having any idea what I would do with it, but just having to have it. It would make beautiful wedding invitations - it's thick, luxurious and would make quite a thump landing in someone's mailbox!

If you have made it this far (this is the end, I promise) - congratulations! Thanks for sticking with me!

Don't forget about CASology - there's still time to make a Sun card and submit it before Sunday's deadline (noon CST)!

8 comments:

  1. This is another stunner Ardyth
    Thanks for another entry
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've saved the best till last in my opinion. Love this, simple but stunning. Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique image Ardyth. I love images that have history. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all three cards. I'm not a stamper but I'm still inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stylised Rennie Mackintosh card, Ardyth (I've got that stamp too and use it regularly for weddings/ engagements/anniversaries). That gold-flecked card looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is another fab one Ardyth!
    Super job!
    Thanks once more.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card, and the story behind it. Great that you still have and use one of your first stamps.


    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  8. First I have to say I love the "about me" - you being the vowel- that's great.
    Thanks for the visit and sweet comment. I think you did a fantastic job heat embossing 3 sensational cards. The Glasgow Cheer stamp is stunning. I appreciated the tips you shared too!
    Be well
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.