Monday 16 July 2012

FS284 - StampinAK/ LIM 76 - 3





For this week's Featured Stamper challenge, I was inspired by this card that Cynthia made:


It's so lovely and serene. But I decided to go with a completely different feel. My friend asked me to make her some 'job well done' cards, so this is the first. I loved the idea of the 3 brush strokes and the drama of the stark black image. My 'brush strokes' were done with copics, the sentiment is from Michael's and the stars (I think) from an old Verve set.

Since I used 3 'brush strokes' and 3 stars, I'll link this one up to this week's Less is More challenge, to use 3 of something, on a one-layer card.

Are you ready for the next CASology challenge? It will be posted on CASology on Tuesday morning, 9 am CST (8 am here in Toronto). I know the whole Design Team will be so happy if you drop by!


25 comments:

  1. Love those brushstrokes! So fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is brilliant.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous case! Love the colors you chose! Simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SOOOOOOOOOOOO love your use of bold colours

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I like the bold sweep of colour. It gives the card an energetic feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am lovin' those brushstrokes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and vibrant! The positioning of the stamp and the colour strokes is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic design on both cards Ardyth. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your card is amazing, ardyth!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards, the colours are so vibrant on the first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. superb cards! love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous. I love those neon stripes with the bold black sentiment and stars. So fun! Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two more great cards!
    Thanks once more Ardyth.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy Cats! In my other life (Before MASKerade) I wouldn't have dreamed of using neon colors on ANYTHING. Now here I am, placing an order for neon ink and resurrecting the neon Sharpies I never thought I would use.

    This card ROCKS, Ardyth, But then I've yet to see one of yours that doesn't.

    Rock On!

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, YOU are a superstar! Check you out just freehanding your own brilliant brush strokes!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great job with casing that card..love the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome Ardyth. I love how you used the markers for your stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous stripes and color! Love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a bright and happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE this!!! You've placed your sentiment and colors perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great, bight stripes, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another stunner! I have been too busy to blog stalk for the past week and was thrilled when I saw all the cool stuff that you have created since my last visit!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have excelled yourself with this one Ardyth
    it;s sensational
    Adore the colours
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.