Saturday 7 July 2012

From the Archives


I have nothing new to show you today - between the extreme heat (two record-breaking days here in Toronto this week), and having one of my kids at home with me half days (I say "at home", but really we were at the public pool every afternoon), and getting my first CASology project ready (see below!) and some other stuff, I somehow got to the end of Friday and realized I have no card for Saturday morning, despite the fact that there are some cool challenges out there (Tuesday Trigger is back!).

So I went back through my cardmaking archives - back to when I had the date-stamp on my photos! This photo shows that even way back in 2008 (the old days, as my kids would call them!) I loved square cards, big circles, bright colours and black for drama. This is a Hero Arts stamp that is so much fun to colour.

It was fun looking through the old cards to see how styles and tools have changed, how my skills have improved (I think!) and my personal style has evolved.

Now, onto CASology - Our first challenge is going live this Tuesday, July 10 at 8:00 am CST (9:00 am EST). Actually, the blog itself is live already - click HERE or on the badge in my sidebar to check out the design team and sign up as a follower and become a member of the newest CAS group in the Blogosphere (that's like the web Universe!!).

Each week, we will have a one-word cue card and along with sample cards, each member of the design team will provide a little information about how their design came about. It's like getting right into our little CAS brains! PLUS, we're going to have winners and runners-up and everything! I know that the rest of the design team and I just can't wait to get started and we're hoping you feel the same way!


5 comments:

  1. Love these cards! I am sure that I had a shirt with a pattern like this way back in the 70's (tail end of the hippie era). Ya think I am dating myself here!

    Thanks for the info on the new CASology blog. I am heading over there right now to sign up! Love your butterfly card too! You are such a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so can't wait for this challenge site! I am thrilled I get your posts so I heard about it! All signed up and looking forward to Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that Hero Arts stamp features Zentangles, kind of. Love the coloring job you did! The consistency of your style and skill is amazing and to be envied by those of us who fiddle around wondering if we ever will land on a style we can say is our own.

    Looking forward to Tuesday.

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUGE congrats on your DT Ardyth, can't wait to join in the fun :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.