Tuesday 17 July 2012

CASology2 - Happy!




Welcome to Week 2! Wow, we have been just completely blown away by the response to CASology - we had 86 entries and we're already over 100 followers! Melissa really had a great idea with this one!

This week's cue card:




For this week's card, I went ultra-CAS. Four little stamps - the Inkadinkado sentiment (I masked the rest of it - it says "You make me smile all over my face"), the large solid circle (probably a Papertrey stamp (when they're clear, it's sometimes hard to remember which stamp came from where!)) and the smiley face from The Stamps of Life (Smiles2Stamp). Crisp black frames for drama and definition and I'm done.

When I'm making a card with so few elements, I often use embossing to add some texture, shine and interest to an otherwise pretty flat card.

An important CAS element (sometimes one of the most frustrating) is placement. If you're off, even slightly, on a card like this, you see it right away. CAS can be very unforgiving, and precision is a necessity (but as always, there's exceptions to that rule, which I'll talk about another time).

Click over to the rest of the design team blogs to see what they've made for you:





Soooo - what makes you happy? We can't wait to see your happy creations at CASology this week!

15 comments:

  1. this is the very definition of "happy"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card just screams 'happy.' Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes me happy, love this smiley face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love love love it Ardyth. This makes me happy. I love what the embossing adds to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little details that add so much!! This has got to be one of the happiest cards I've seen...I'm a HUGE smiley face fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ultra adorable CASard!! You know it's instinctive to smile when you see a smile and you'll have every visitor smiling and HAPPY when they leave this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card. So simple, but what an effect! Love it!

    Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Ardyth! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog--I've been trying to write more how I'd talk and it's a bit nerve wracking as I'm not sure how it will be taken. Glad you thought it was funny--that's what I was going for! ;) This is just darling and I LOVE your smiley face!!! Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makes me happy! Thanks for the inspiration, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I'd commented already. Sorry if this appears twice. Love the simplicity and the happy colour of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is SO cute! Love the glossy eyes and smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What better way to say "Happy" than a smiley face. Very cute card, Ardyth :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your simple and clean card Ardyth...hope I can make so simple like your style too...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect stamping and embossing ~ a very happy card!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.