Thursday 7 June 2012

Splash of Colour




This card has been in my mind for a long time - ever since I saw this one on Splitcoaststampers by Katchoo1. I love those splashy shapes!

Today, the time came to make this card, when I saw the colours for this week's Playdate Cafe Colour Challenge:



My colours look a little dark and the photo just doesn't capture the sun that's implied in the inspiration. I used Ballet Blue and Bermuda Bay (remember them?) with a pop of copper, so in real life it's brighter. Paisley nestabilities and some little flower petals from a different nestability. Craft's Meow sentiment. (how many of you think it's spelled incorrectly, like I do? lol!)

11 comments:

  1. Awesome graphic CAS card Ardyth!!! Love this creative way that you used the colors! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool!!! LOVE your "splash" of color--what a fabulous CASE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply lovely - those splash shapes are divine

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING your splashes of colour Ardyth - I'm still getting my head around the colo(u)r debate too LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an uber-creative way to use the colors this week! So great to have you in The Cafe with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Petals Nesties? Seriously? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So puddle jumping fun:) Absolutely delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a FUN idea! I love it!! You could use it for one of our colour splash challenges in the future too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, stinkin' fun! LOVE those touches of copper! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.