Tuesday 12 June 2012

Retrosketch #15 - Joy to the World

I seem to be stuck on a theme.....


Cricut-cut globe (Graphically Speaking), Technique Tuesday stamp, Tinsel stickles and copics




My thoughts for my card for this week's Retrosketch started with thinking I would use a half-circle with a long strip for my sentiment for this sketch (and no ribbon, lol!). As I was putting everything away from yesterday's Joy to the World card, I came across this fun-to-colour,  long sentiment. Then I thought that my half-circle could be half of the world and Joy to the World seemed like the only possible card I could make!

I'm out of time for today, but I feel like I would like to explore some options with this card - maybe a blue theme, so that the earth could be more recognizable as itself? Any suggestions?

My new Stampin' Up! firm-foam pads arrived, but late in the day, so I haven't really tried them out yet. Tomorrow, I promise, and you can count on me to tell you what I really think. (And I also promise not to have another Christmas card!).

6 comments:

  1. So clever! I like it white and I'll bet it is even more striking and, hence, recognizable IRL as the Earth. I like that the emphasis is on that cool Christmasy Joy script!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people will get that the circle is the world/ornament and think how very clever. Those who don't get it probably wouldn't be changed by whatever color theme you use. It's a terrific card as is. Your coloring is so perfect, it blows me away.

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognized the 'world' straight away and thought how clever, I prefer the white, it gives a lovely clean look to the card and is the perfect backing for your lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a real stunner of a card. Simple but fun and so effective. And kudos to you on getting a head-start with your Xmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great coloring! Your grade school teacher must have loved your ability to stay within the lines! Cool concept with this card! Tried a few more of the new SU stamp pads at an open house tonite....some mixed reviews from the girls. A lighter touch is definitely the key to a cleanly stamped image.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.