Saturday 2 June 2012

Pinterest Inspired



Found necklace (below) on Pinterest. Stamped Memory Box bird, masked bird, stamped and coloured rainbow.
Smudged 4x4 panel, cut to 3x3.
Coloured rainblow, adhered to black, thought AHA! I can continue the rainbow on the base.
Stamped and coloured rainbow on the base.
Adhered black panel to card on dimensionals and decided to add sentiment.
Stamped onto panel not fully supported by dimensionals (rookie mistake - how did I do that after 6 years?!) and RUINED THE WHOLE CARD.
Repeated most steps, except I started with a 3x3 panel this time and stamped the sentiment before adhering and smudged only at the end, immediately before I added the artistic detail stickles dots, coincidentally in the same place. Done (even though that sentiment should be a smidge to the right)!
Think this is blingy enough for CASual Friday 55 - to use bling!






Went back to original card and rescued it as follows:
Lifted image layer from black layer using Cricut Spatula. (Great tip for people who can't place panels of cards onto the card straight - get a Cricut Spatula - it slides right under your top layer (in most cases) and allows you a do-over for positioning. One of my all time favourite tools - especially after my husband uses solvent to get all the glue off it (see, he's not such a bad guy)!)
Traced Grand Calibur circle nestability onto white image layer and hand-cut it. Erased the pencil line.
Adhered top layer to black layer. Thought about adding a sentiment. Decided not to push my luck!



Surprisingly happy with the resulting white swoop echoing the rainbow! And not sure which one I like better...


Then:







Found this chair on Pinterest:

Wondered how on earth to maintain the individual shapes of the sequins, but still get some good shine.
Used an Impress stamp of scattered dots. 
Used a scrap of Whisper White and stamped in versamark, embossed in silver. Stamped in versamark, embossed in gold. Continued with platinum, copper, Egyptian Gold and Aegean Silver. Cut 1 1/4 inch circles from the scrap. LOVE the texture of all that embossing powder melted on top of each other!
Still lots of white space showing so I sponged each circle with Distress Pumice and then the edges with Basic Gray. 
Adhered to white mat, adhered to Smokey Grey (looks Black here) mat. 
Scored Smokey Grey above and below white mat. 
Photographed during big rainstorm after dinner - noticed how different the lighting is in the photo when compared to most of my other cards!

21 comments:

  1. I prefer the first one with the sentiment, but you have done a brilliant job of saving the second! Love the medallion card too. M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE your birthday card! Perfect amount of glitter, sweet bird and fab effect with the rainbow extending off your center square. This is such a beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are great but your narrative accompanying the rainbow cards is the best! Good for a chuckle (and for a lesson on rescuing flubbed cards...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, great save, great tip -gonna get me a Cricut spatula. Ditto on Meredyth's comment above! Your narratives are always so entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love all these cards. Thank you so much for sharing - what a talent you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Ardyth, these are fantastic !
    I adore the soaring bird and the rainbow but the metallic circles are an amazing illusion....like bubbles in glass.
    Great work :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time visiting your blog. Not a stamper but love the inspiration, the narrative, the sense of humor and the title of your blog. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your style still stuns me, it's sooooooo modern and unique. I go back and look at every card again and again!

    Both cards are Stunners!

    bahb

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS cards Ardyth - the first is my favourite :) :) :) LOVE how you continued the rainbow over the matting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful use of glitter! Love the composition! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, dude. I LOVE how you find such amazing inspiration in everything you look at! The embossing on the third card is SO cool!

    As for the first two - glad I'm not the only non-rookie who still makes the occasional rookie mistake! LOL! Nice saves and I like them both. Amazing how they have totally different feels to them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Ardyth. I so love this rainbow! Wow girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards, Rookie mistakes GRRR know just what u mean , it is the simplest things that undo us at times, but love how u rescued the card truly fab

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome designs!!! I love the rainbow of color!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing cards! Love the rainbow one so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Ardyth, what an amazing job you did! I think my fave is the first one. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful execution of the inspirations, Ardyth!! I LOVE the rainbow one...so pretty and love the sparkle!! The second one...wow...love the metal shimmers of color...the work was well worth the results...both beautiful:)!! Thanks for sharing your creativity this week with us at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love how you've translated your inspiration into the projects you created! Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad that you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ardyth that rainbow card is stunning! I love it. A lot! :) Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omygoodness, what beautiful cards!!! I love both of them --- how fantastic the way you fixed your mistake with that gorgeous curve. How creative! - and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the chair inspired card :) And I think I favour the swooping rainbow card - just to be different :)

    Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.