Friday 29 June 2012

OLW94 - Size Matters



This week's One-Layer-Wednesday challenge is hosted by Cheryl. She challenged us to make a card that is not a standard 4.25 x 5.5 size. I rarely do, anyway (most of my cards are 4.25x4.25 - they're square, but still fit in the regular envelopes and therefore do not require extra postage) but I figured the point of the challenge was to do something different.

This card is 3.5 x 4.75 (started out as 3.5 x 5, but there was a quarter-inch of air above that top tank!).

I will make a bunch of cards in this (or slightly different) designs for my son to use as his thank-yous after his recent birthday.

The tank is from DeNami (fluffy chick removed as explained here) and the sentiment uses Lawnfawn's Harold's Alphabet.

I just showed it to my son - he loves it! (of course right now he's practically drunk on the feeling of school being out - he may not be quite so enthusiastic when it comes time to write them all!)


Other business: If you are the person who liked the bird stamp from Michael's in this post, please email me at ardythpr@gmail.com - I found the stamp and can mail it to you if you still need it!

10 comments:

  1. Very funny play on the sentiment - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so age-appropriate and clever, Ardyth!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant and so perfect for a boy's thank you cards.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow, this is so clever Ardyth! ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!!! This really made me laugh - the tanks are just perfect. Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic image, that tank is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So "punny" and perfect...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ardyth, This is priceless, and so clever. Great coloring on your tanks too. Thanks for playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, this card is amazing! I love what you did with the tank- SUPER creative, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. soooooooooooooooooooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.