Tuesday 19 June 2012

OLW92 - Stampin' on the Edge


My idea was to create a different kind of an edge to stamp along, rather than being stuck with a straight edge (I hope that's ok!). I'm pretty happy with this  - I love how these colours (Kaleidecolor Spectrum) seem to glow and jump right off the page. But it's so hot here and the clear circle stamps are so gummy that they were sliding around a little and the stamped circles aren't quite perfect. I'll have to remake this card on a cooler day, but I'm almost out of time for this week's One-Layer-Wednesday challenge - to stamp near the edge. Papertrey sentiment.

Edited to add: Oops! I just realized that although I didn't stamp off the rounded edge, I stamped off the side and bottom edge, so this doesn't actually qualify!

11 comments:

  1. Wow - bright & beautiful! I love how you transitioned the colors in the circles! Very effective! Clever take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But so fabulous that it was undoubtedly worth the effort - great design

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is jaw-droppingly spectacular! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very clever take on this challenge ~ even without your name attached to your cards, your cards really stand out as very colorful. You really do rainbow very well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of the curved front. I don't stamp but I may use the curve on one of my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shape and color~brilliant card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is superb; where do you get these great ideas? The colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe it doesn't qualify but it's still darn cool. Looks like those viewfinder things we had in the 80s. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Particularly the shading in the circles!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.