Friday 18 May 2012

High Drama



This card came from a bunch of things on my desk. I think I can honestly say I've never used chipboard on a card before (and yet I have a whole bunch of if for some reason! lol!).  I simply coloured it with a copic marker - it looks like suede in real life. And the red and orange 1/4 inch paper stripes were inspired by a t-shirt worn by someone on Hoarders or some other gosh-awful show I'm embarrassed to admit to watching! Stamped the Papertrey sentiment and a few dots (this is the Ardyth-version of spatter - there's still some control - I'm working up to actual random spattering!) and added the requisite (for me) stickles to finish off this high-impact card.

7 comments:

  1. Wow your card really packs a punch!! Luuuurve those hot colours behind the black flower :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this one is FANTASTIC Ardyth! The bold colors and big flower are so dramatic and fun! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.. this is so cool.. love that black with the pop of color in the background! HUGS Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love those stripes and that's my kind of spatter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoarders... Hee hee.

    (At least you're not inspired by "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" which I have been known to gawp at on occasion).

    Beautiful card my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...what a gorgeous card! I love the flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW for sure! The precision of a series of 1/4 inch stripes defines your style that I love. And as for your own unique spatter, how could you want it to look any more "random" or better than it looks now? Just using spatter at all, on this card, is a brilliant move I never would have thought to make......you always seem to know exactly when enough is perfectly enough.

    Wonderful card and thanks for the inspiration.

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.