Saturday 21 April 2012

Ten Thousand Thanks!

Those of you who know me will agree that I'm a success-driven, goal-in-view kind of a girl. I love a good challenge, I love hard work and I love the feelings of success and accomplishment that comes with those things.

When I started blogging on January 20, I wasn't sure how to define success for this new venture of mine (but yes, I did feel a need to define it - I am an accountant after all!). Was it number of views? Number of followers? Number of comments? These are all very good indicators (and quantifiable - my favourite!).

In the end, I decided that I would decide if I was successful, based on how I felt about the whole thing. A very ethereal concept for a person who loves concrete practicality. But then cardmaking and crafting felt very intimidating to me at one point as well - I did not see myself as a creative, artsy type of person, but over time, I've grown and learned and even had some good, creative moments, if I do say so myself.

And I do feel that this blog has been successful. Sure, I like some of my work better than the rest, but that's  the nature of creativity. I've certainly been more focused and productive in my card making and I love it - I look forward to creating and posting every day.

But that's no reason not to celebrate other more quantifiable milestones and we've hit one - 10,000 views! Wow! That exceeds all my expectations and even hopes for this blog in this short timeframe.

Thank you so much for your support, your kind comments and words of encouragement - they really mean a so much to me!

Here's a special card, just for you!








Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up (In Any Event - retired)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Kaleidecolor Spectrum
Accessories: Black Pearl Pen, Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. This card is just amazing and really caught my eye on SCS.
    BTW, I love the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too...to what Benzi said. Congrats. Love this card. Such vibrant color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, very striking.
    Congratulations,on your milestone

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.