Friday 20 April 2012

RIC #10

This week's Runway Inspired Challenge:



Well- wow! Interesting colour choice, textures - a lot going on here that I would not have thought to put all together. But that's what makes these things challenges right? Otherwise they'd be called Walks in the Park (I may start one of those! LOL!)

Here's the first one  I came up with:



After that, I wanted to further explore the technique I used last week for my 'butterfly bracelet card'. I love how it looks like cloisonne (Chinese enamel pottery) and thought that the colours would be perfect for a fall-ish card.




I used silver and gold embossing powder and I love how the stickles seem to melt into the blended colouring on the leaves. And, lest you think that the gold and silver circles are important design elements, they're not. They're covering smudges. I choose to call these frustrating situations (smudges on a clean white card) design opportunities!. How do you deal with design opportunities?



Supplies:
Flower
Paper: Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Basic Black, Gold Mirror, Gina K Pure Luxury
Accessories: Hello Kitty flower die, silver brad


Leaves:
Stamps: Stampin' Up (Artfully Asian),(Papertrey (berries)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Gold Mirror
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Gold and Silver embossing powder, Diamond Stickles, Copic Markers

6 comments:

  1. Both are stunning. Love the gold layer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so fantastic! I adore that hugable huge flower and all that shimmer on your falling leaves. I call design opportunities miracles, ha!

    Also noticed your piano card - LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful work!!! Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ardyth, these are beautiful!! I especially love the technique on the second one....the leaves are so lovely:)!! Great use of the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning....I love the shine! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely gorgeous, Ardyth!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.