Thursday 5 April 2012

Retrosketch #5

OK, I think they're getting harder. Here's this week's Retrosketch:


Look at all those layers! Took me a few days to think about this and I decided the best thing to do (for me) was to follow the sketch very literally and go with the layers, but make some of them white, so that my card wouldn't look too busy. (although there are plenty of people making beautiful cards with lots of design and elements on the blog).



I embossed the top white panel with dots (I know it's hard to see in the photo), used the Stampin' Up word punch to make the stripes (glued them all to a piece of white cardstock and then trimmed the rounded ends off both sides).

Phew! But now I'm a little nervous about next week! LOL!


Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Birthday Basics)
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury, Cherry Cobbler, Summer Sun, Brilliant Blue
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Circle punches, SU! Word Punch, Spellbinders label die

2 comments:

  1. Very striking and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your simple approach to the sketch!!! The bright colors really stand out and all of the white is refreshing! So glad you joined us this week at Retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.