Saturday 21 April 2012

Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger - Watercolor Butterflies

Here's this week's trigger:


While I think it's very pretty, I immediately remembered two very important things: 1) I can not watercolour and 2) I can not 'randomly' place things on a page. Yes, random takes skill and is not really random at all.

I ended up with four cards, if you can believe it. Still not sure I've captured it, but I think I'm done. LOL!

First, a polished-stone-resist kind of thing:




Next, watercolour crayons. I almost forgot that I have these - and they still look brand-spankin' new! I have to be honest - this card looks better in the photo than in real life. The colours are more intense here. 





Third, I faked the watercolour by using a 'splat' stamp (although I misted it with water before stamping it - does that count? LOL!)



Finally, probably my favourite - one stamp, stamped simply on lots of white space, using bold colours:



Supplies:
One
Stamps: Amuse
Paper: Glossy White, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Ink: Versamark, Melon Mambo, Only Orange
Accessories: Rubbing Alcohol, Clear Embossing Powder, White Pearl Pen


Two
Stamps: Amuse
Paper: Whisper White, Pink Vellum, Gina K Pure Luxury
Ink: Watercolour Crayons
Accessories: Pink copic marker, Stardust Stickles


Three
Stamps: Amuse, Stampin' Up
Paper: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Basic Black
Ink: Melon Mambo, Summer Sun, Only Orange, Pure Pomegranate, Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Water mister


Four:
Stamps: Stampin' Up
Paper: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Pure Pomegranate
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pure Pomegranate

10 comments:

  1. Ardyth, your first card perfectly captured the trigger and the other three are just as beautiful! I can't even figure out ONE response to this trigger! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are all so gorgeous!!!!!!

    #1 is OUTSTANDING!!! What a terrific background!!!!

    Love all the white space in #2 - the butterflies just pop!!!

    Three and Four are just wonderful as well!! Great work :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ardyth, these cards are amazing! Love the techniques you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I saw your flower entry on Susan's OLW challenge and had to come and visit! Have had a little look around your blog, and love the way you use pinterest for inspiration... so I am following :) M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards Ardyth - the last is probably my favourite too :) I'm guessing you won't be giving any of these to your eldest then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are great! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You crack me up! For a girl who thinks she can't watercolor or place images randomly, I'd say you certainly aced the challenge, here and on others I've looked at tonight. In fact, I was jealous of your random placement.........that's something I've never been able to do at all.

    Thanks for more inspiration,
    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each of these beautiful cards is so unique and different from the other. You have a lot of style and talent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous cards and take on the TT! For some reason the third one really caught my eye. I just love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Ardyth! Thanks for linking these up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.