Saturday 14 April 2012

IC332 - Green Heart

Today's inspiration challenge site is Green Heart and there's lots of cool stuff to look at. I chose two items and combined them for inspiration - a butterfly wing bracelet and some earrings:


Since the butterfly wing bracelet is not in the shape of butterflies, I don't even want to look too closely to see what it's made of. (edited to add: apparently they're real butterfly wings, but no butterflies were harmed and killed to make the bracelet. I guess someone just picked up all the dead butterflies! LOL!)

But the IDEA of a butterfly bracelet and those lovely vibrant colours inspired me to make this:



I just love how this turned out and am planning to send it to my friend in New Zealand who has a birthday soon.

Kate also wanted to play along. She chose the same earrings and this ball:


Here are her cards:




Supplies: 
Stamp: Stampin' Up
Paper: Whisper White, Gold Mirror, Smokey Shadow
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Gold EP, Copics, Stardust Stickles



3 comments:

  1. I love the butterflies! How did you do that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin - I stamped and embossed each butterfly before masking it and stamping and embossing the next one. I coloured with copics, using a darker shade on the inside of the inside of the wings and a lighter shade to fill in the rest (not including the border, which was done in a completely different colour). I then filled in the inside bit of the wing with stickles - I love how they look like cloisonne, which is that chinese pottery with gold lines in t! Thanks for following and your kinds words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - Erin - I was also very lucky with the photo - it caught the sparkle very nicely! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.