Monday 23 April 2012

FTL 187 - Party Time

I got a new set of stamps called Time from Uniko Studios, a new stamp company in the UK. It's got clocks and gears that could be used to make perfect steampunk cards and some really fun geometric flowers that I can't wait to play with. In the meantime, here's another card for this week's FTL 187 layout.







To create the 'background', I masked the centre panel and the white diagonal lines before sponging with distress inks.

This could be a good invitation for my son's birthday party - he and his friends love steampunk  and those black dots could be paint splats (he wants to have a paintball party). Hmmmm.


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studios (Time)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Broken China
Accessories: 3M Masking tape




4 comments:

  1. I have not scene a card of yours I don't like. This is fabulous. I so love the design and colors. I think you should do the CAS-ual Fridays challenges. I'd love to see how you interpret the weekly challenges with your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! This is FAB! love the colourful chevrons you have created. They frame the pocket watch image so well! FAB use of Uniko Studio stamps! Hugs Bev xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are clever!!! The Uniko stamps weren't sparking my mojo and sat mocking me until I came here. when I bought them, I expected to never run out of ways to use them, but they still haven't seen ink. Thanks for helping me out.

    Bahb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and take on the sketch! I love how you masked and inked the background. Fabulous! TFS

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.