Sunday 29 April 2012

FS273 - Abbysmom

Man, this one wore me out! lol!

I chose a beautiful card from abbysmom's gallery, and then proceeded to CASE it in the most difficult way I could think of. Everything went wrong and was picky, picky, picky. This card did NOT want to be made! lol! But then I recovered and made two more (one's for tomorrow).

Here's my inspiration from abbysmom:



Here's my finicky  CASE, which was also influenced by the gardens full of tulips in my neighbourhood.



I used the Dancing Tulips die from Memory Box, cut it out of the white panel 6 times (and then glued back in the tiny little white pieces that weren't still attached). Then I cut the tulip heads from Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo and glued them into the holes. I was happy that by doing it this way, the green from the card base showed through for the stems, and I'm quite happy with the result but I can't say I'll be rushing to try it again! lol!

Then I made an easier one, using a Martha Stewart Blossom punch:



Hope you have as much sunshine as we do - I'm heading out to take my daughter and her friend to the park to play baseball AWAY from the windows!

1 comment:

  1. The hard work on the first one was definitely worth it - that negative image is brilliant! M x

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.