Sunday 1 April 2012

Featured Stamper 269 - Redlynny

We've had a busy day today, including our normal routine at and before church and then my son was chosen to be part of the band that played this afternoon at a special Palm Sunday service for residents of a facility for people with developmental disabilities. I popped in at the end, waiting to pick up my son, and was able to witness the simple, complete and pure joy these people demonstrated when singing, praying, ringing a bell in time to the music etc. Many of them waved at me or came to welcome me after the service, telling me about their jobs and new shoes and all the great things in their lives. I am sure there is a special place in heaven for these very special people. And also for the very special people who work with them.

A long way of saying - only two cards in the FS challenge this week and a quick post to squeak them in today!

Here's the first one I chose for inspiration:


As you can predict, I was attracted to the white space, but also to the height of the card and the pretty coral-ly pink with the black and white. Here's mine:



Next up is another black and white:


I tried to jazz mine a bit up by using Black Opal embossing powder to get some real sparkle:


 The inside panel is a white circle, to mimic the outside circle. Whenever I make a dark card (actually pretty much any card with a coloured card base), I put a white panel on the inside for writing.

Supplies:
Thinking of You
Stamps: (no idea - I'm sorry!)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Stickles


Black Flower
Stamp: Impress Rubber Stamps
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Black Opal embossing powder, black pearl pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.