Friday 30 March 2012

Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge # 90

This week's Sketch Challenge at Waltzingmouse:



And a really cool card by atsamom at Splitcoaststampers:



Isn't that a great card for a teen boy?

When I play along with the Waltzingmouse challenge, I'm somewhat limited by my very few Waltzingmouse stamps. A problem easily remedied earlier this week, when I placed an order! But while I wait for my new goodies to arrive, I really only have Free Spirit and some backgrounds to play with.

I combined the two inspirations to come up with this:


Love those stripes on the black. This could be a great card for someone who just passed their driving test, or just as useful for a teen boy's birthday. Or for somebody who's Jamaican. (aren't these the colours of the Jamaican flag?) LOL!

Now I'm off to my daughter's school where I play piano for the choir - we're going to the festival today to perform our two songs that we've worked on for so long - wish us luck!

Supplies:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Free Spirit (car and sentiment), probably Papertrey (solid circle)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Summer Sun, Lucky Limeade
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Real Red, Summer Sun, Lucky Limeade

5 comments:

  1. Great card. Love your take on the original. I'm sure you'll do well at the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, YES!...in a word...COOL. I just love the bold stripes you made with the cardstock against the black! It's perfectly stamped, and looks just like a card you could pick up at a store! Wonderful job, Ardyth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This card really IS super cool! I love those bold and bright colors. So perfect for a masculine card. And yes, even a little Jamaican. lol! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! and I like the stripes in back too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh me, oh my, this one is killer.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.