Sunday 25 March 2012

Stained Glass

On my own, today. No challenges, just an idea that has been in my head ever since I bought this background stamp from Paper Smooches. And then when I found this photo of a stained glass door made of tiny panels of colours on Pinterest:



I knew exactly what I was going to do!


I went with silver instead of black for the frame (I HATE embossing with black embossing powder - it's almost impossible to do it without little black flecks showing up everywhere!). And when I coloured the back of the vellum with copics, I chose just 5 spingtime colours rather than the whole spectrum. I think it's quite pretty, but I felt like it just wasn't as cool as the inspiration, so I went back and braved the black embossing powder:


If you click, you'll see the little black flecks where there shouldn't be embossing powder, PLUS you'll see little white flecks in the black, where some kind of mixing has gone on, but overall, better than I had anticipated (just don't ask me how many sheets of vellum I went through.....)


Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches
Paper: Vellum, Whisper White, Silver Mirror Card, Basic Black
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Silver embossing powder, Black embossing powder copic markers

8 comments:

  1. I love this! Such a great take on that photo from Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous. Love it. I use Versafine Onyx Black ink pad with Ranger Ultra Fine Eb Powder and love the results for black heat embossing. No black powder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award, you are so kind. I love your clean and simple cards, the stained glass you have created is amazing, and truly inspirational. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - that is SUPER cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant work! Both cards are just fab and really capture the inspiration photo. I do like the drama with the black embossed frame - and can imagine this working really well for a guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I have the same problems as you with black embossing, Ardyth. I love the look of it, but I can never get it to look perfect. I love both your cards. Great idea! I think the silver one is my favourite. :-)

    ReplyDelete