Thursday 29 March 2012

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge

Paper Smooches is a new stamp company featuring stamps by Kim Hughes. She used to sell her stamps through another company, and most of my Kim Hughes stamps pre-date Paper Smooches, but I hope they'll let me play anyway. Kim's images are fun and quirky and she has a great hand-written style for her sentiments.

Here's the 'spark':


Cute little bunnies with brightly coloured ears. Just calls for an Easter card, doesn't it?


I cut a green panel and then cut out the PTI circle border from the centre and spread the two edges to create the white space for the eggs. The black in the bows was supposed represent the black eyes, but maybe too much? I think the little black dots around the scallops probably would have been enough.

So, as usual, I went back and made another one. I wanted to have more dimension and texture so I went way out of my comfort zone (how many layers are here?!):



These eggs are from the same set as the big easter egg used on the previous card, but I had to stamp the spots so that I could add the bright colours. Not sure how I feel about this one - not a lot of white space and it's HEAVY, but I do think the polka-dot eggs are very cheerful!


Supplies:
Hoppy Easter
Stamps: Kim Hughes (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Paper: Ripe Avocado, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Copic Markers, stickles


Grass
Stamps: Kim Hughes (Cornish Heritage Farms) small outline circle
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Garden Green, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic Markers, Martha Stewart grass border punch

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous! Love those egg stamps! The sparkle is awesome on the first one and the colorful eggs peeking out of the grass on second is just as sweet as can be! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are lovely, but I'm extra partial to the second one - love the way those eggs are hiding in the grass. Such fun! :)
    Nita
    www.niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

    P.S. New Follower! I love your CAS style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Easter cards, they're beautiful. Really like the bright spring colours...especially since they're calling for 5cms of snow here today?!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.