Thursday 22 March 2012

OLW 84 - Pinks and Orange

This week's OLW Challenge is to make a card with pinks (as many shades as you want) and orange (only one shade). I've been watching Susan's blog to see the other entries, and figured I'd better get in there FAST - looks like A LOT of people are playing this one and coming up with really, really great cards - I didn't want to be last to this party!

I was inspired by a logo I saw recently to make this card:


I stamped "celebrate" and then punched a 7/8" circle and placed it over the "ce" to form a mask. I then stamped all the little petals (actually now they look a little like fingernails!) first in a lighter shade with the bigger petal and then a darker shade on the smaller petal right on top. I like how the circle mask mimics the perfect circles of the font (LOVE this modern font!).

I'm so happy with this card I just had to post again today to join in on the fun!

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up (Celebrate), ? clear petal shapes
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury
Ink: Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: circle punch for mask

3 comments:

  1. This is a terrific layout, Ardyth! I think it looks like the rays of a sun stamp around the "c." Love it! Also, did you get the comment I left that I honored you with a Liebster Award last Monday the 19th? If you'd like to reply via email, it's darnell.knauss@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed this with your striking but simple layout.
    I had to smile when I read your "what, no sponging?" comment on Splitcoast. So true, it is rare for me to finish a card these days without a little sponging (or a lot!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ardyth, this is just fabulous!I love how well you've combined these two stamps!!! You nailed this challenge!! I definitely need to remember this layout and give it a try sometime!! (although, I don't think I have any big sentiments like that...might need to go shopping too! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.