Friday 2 March 2012

OLW 81 - Black, Cream and Bling

This week's one layer Wednesday challenge is to use cream, black and a little bling.

This stamp just arrived in the mail (found it during my recent online search for horse stamps!), and I think it's a perfect match up to the challenge. It really stands on its own and doesn't need much else, once you get it stamped properly (anyone have good advice about getting a good solid black image? Please, please let me know - this was my 4th attempt!). It doesn't even really need a sentiment, which makes it easier for me in my bilingual church!



And presto! My March church Christmas cards are done! 

OK, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. My March Christmas cards are designed. I still have eleven to make before they're actually done. 

The next card uses one of the new horse stamps I found (he's unmounted, so I've written the manufacturer right on the ez-mount so I don't forget - I hope this easy method works without smudging everything - I used a Sharpie):


I think he looks just fine on his own, with some stickles in his mane and tail to add interest. And no trouble stamping him, due to the hightlighting on the stamp itself.


Finally, a unisex birthday card (these usually end up being masculine, though, don't they?) with another new stamp.


I have to admit, I'm itching to colour in those candles! 


Suppies:
"Nativity"
Stamp: Stampendous
Paper: Vintage Cream
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Swarovski flatback crystal


"Prancing Horse"
Stamp: Magnolia
Paper: Vintage Cream
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Diamond Stickles


"Happy Birthday"
Stamps: Stamps Happen (Candles), Waltzingmouse Designs (Happy Birthday)
Paper: Vintage Cream
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Yellow Stickles

11 comments:

  1. I had trouble with that stamp, had to have another one shipped to me as the first one had issues, now the second one has issues as well. Love that stamp, but have yet to figure out how to get a good image out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all 3 cards. Saw yours over at OLW. You should post all 3. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ardyth, I love all three of these (you should link them all!), but I especially love that horse stamp with the bling in his hair. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's what I do:
    Try using a fine sand paper on the stamp then wiping it off before inking it up again. Also, use a couple of magazines or a foam stamping mat under your scrap paper when you stamp the image onto your card. It makes a little cushion so that your card can mold around the stamp better.
    Good luck!
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three beautiful cards. I love them all. You picked perfect images for this challenge. :) Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are great! I especially love the silhouette nativity!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! LOVE the silhouette on the first card. To get the stamp to "hold" the ink on a new stamp, I generally use a large white eraser and rub it over the entire stamp before inking the first time. Seems to help. I also use a small rubber mat under the card I'm stamping (here's a link for one.) http://cropstop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5672

    They're not expensive, but they do help. Sometimes, I even do a touch-up with a black pen...just have to be VERY careful!

    Beautiful cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful cards. I loved all of them The horse is wonderful. Just shows that you don't always need words. Elegant. Thank you for your comments on my cards.
    Hugs
    Pauline H.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all wonderful Ardyth and I think the non-coloured candles might actually be my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can you think of 3 amazing ideas and I can't even get one??!! LOL!! I am stuck on this challenge but you sure arn't ... your cards are amazing ... I particulalry like you nativity scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ardyth~
    Have you ever tried standing on your stamp?? Put paper on floor, place inked stamp where you want it and carefully stand on it with one foot. It works
    :0)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.