Saturday 17 March 2012

My Navy Blue Day

Lately I've been seeing lots of designs that have dark backrounds with bright colours popping off them. For example:

(from Pinterest - at least I thought it was - can't find it now!)

Land's End ad


I love this look, but it's hard to achieve as a card maker - especially as a stamper - you get into resist and sponging and it's just messy. But with all the new (and not so new) dies out there, you can achieve the look easily!

I've also noticed that people are not just layering their die-cuts on top of the background, but also cutting them out of the background so that the end result is flat. I LOVE that!

Here are the cards I made inspired by the two pieces above:


I think this would make a great valentine or anniversary card. 





The tricky thing with these alphabet dies, as you can see, is to line them up properly! I left enough space to add a number or a star or balloon or something once I decide who will be receiving this one.


Supplies:
Rock my world
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury, Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Yo-yo Yellow, Summer Sunrise, Real Red, Lucky Limeade, More Mustard, Wisteria Wonder, Not Quite Navy
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: White embossing Powder, circle nestabilities and punches

Happy Birthday
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury, Night of Navy, Yo-yo Yellow, Only Orange, Melon Mamgo, Lucky Lineade, Pacific Point
Accessories: Papertrey Letter dies




No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.