Thursday 8 March 2012

My Mom's Birthday/Retro Sketch #1

Are you getting tired of all my family's birthdays yet? This is the last one for a while, but it's a big one. My mom is now a senior citizen! Her birthday was last week, but I didn't want to post until she had the card.

I decided to use the sketch from the new challenge blog Retro Sketches.




My mom loves aqua colours, so I generally start with that as a theme:


I don't know if this card will qualify for the retro sketches - I interpreted it pretty loosely, because I generally don't like too many layers, and their rules sound like they'll be strictly applied! Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say. The worst they'll do is remove it from the challenge.

Making this card reminded me of the big party we had for her when she turned 60, and the invitations I made for that party.




At the time, I had to hand cut the 60 so that I could mask and sponge it in the background (Can you even see it? it has practically disappeared in the photo!). Now that I have a Cricut, making this would be a lot easier!

Supplies:
"65"
Stamps: Stampin' Up! (Celebrate), Impress rubber stamps (numbers)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pool Party, various Doodlebug glitter card stock
Ink: Pool Party, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: EK Success Balloon Punch, dimensionals


"60"
Stamps: Hero Arts (Celebrate), Stampin' Up (Snow Flurries)
Paper: Acqua shimmer, Silver mirror, Cool Caribbean
Ink: Versamark, cool caribbean
Accessories: Silver embossing powder, hand cut masks 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ardyth! Your Mother will love adore this card! The sparkly balloons are fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us in our first Retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love those glittery balloons. :)
    Great take on our very first Retrosketch. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.