Saturday 24 March 2012

IC 329 - Graham and Green

Graham and Green is a UK website that carries designer furniture and home accessories. And it's the source of inspiration for this week's Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge.

For those of you who know how I love cashmere and scarves (and especially cashmere scarves!), my first inspiration will come as no surprise:


Look at those colours! I bet they're so soft and cozy (not that we needed cozy this week, but I'm hoping there's still a few scarf-wearing days left!)

I used the colours, the silver and the movement of the scarves to come up with my Cashmere Birthday card:


Papertrey's Soft Stone and Smokey Shadow are the perfect bookends to the swaying colours.



And of course, I had to find a horse inspiration:



Here's my card:


Supplies:
Cashmere Birthday:
Stamps: Papertrey
Paper: Smokey Shadow, Pink Passion, Sahara Sand, Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Lucky Limeade, Soft Stone
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Creative Memories wavy cutter, Silver Embossing powder


Colourblock Horses:
Stamps: Stampin' Up (Bareback)
Paper: Whisper White, Lucky Limade
Ink: Early Espresso, Pacific Point, Poppy Parade

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are so graphic and bold ... love how they just grab your eye and hold it ... awesome inspired designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet ya! I really like your Paper Smooches card - I prefer the silver one I think due to the springy colors. But this wavy birthday card is phenomenal. Great idea and execution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wavy birthday card is stunning. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.