Monday 5 March 2012

IC 326/Clean and Simple 180

This week's inspiration challenge is Superfine Bakery. What beautiful cakes! I also wanted to make a card for the Clean and Simple 180 layout.

The first cake I chose was this one:


I love the bright flowers, but I felt that a yellow card just wasn't going to be me, if you know what I mean!

I made two cards for this one. Here's the first:



Even this one with all the white around the flowers felt a bit heavy, so I tried again, with some of the leftover flowers.




Aah, that's better - lots of white space! And a pretty thank you note for my daughter to use after receiving all these birthday presents!

For the second inspiration, I chose this cake, which was made for "sophisticated one-year-old twins". I have to admit, I have trouble picturing what one-year-old sophistication looks like, especially based on my two children at that age, but I guess this is it!  LOL!


Also, here's the layout for the Clean and Simple 180 challenge:


And here's my card:


Anyone know a sophisticated one-year-old I could send it to? (edited to add: Kate asked me if these are bouncing bowling balls. Ironically, if I had WANTED to make a card of bouncing bowling balls, I wouldn't know where to start! LOL!)

Supplies:
"Flowers"
Stamps: none
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight
Ink: none
Accessories: SU! 3 flower punch, Perfect Pearls

"Thanks"
Stamps: Stamps of Life 
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb, Whisper White, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Accessories: SU! 3 flower punch, stickles, copic marker

"Happy Birthday"
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Paper: Whisper White, So Saffron, Gina K Pure Luxury 120 lb
Ink: Pure Poppy, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade

2 comments:

  1. Love all of those cards ... the big bunch of flowers ... the CAS thank you ... and of course the bouncing bowling balls :) ... awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all awesome--those bouncing bowling balls look like flowers with no petals! :) LOVE the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.