Saturday 31 March 2012

CASE Study Challenge 84 - Good bye Laura!

This week's challenge is the final one using Laura Bassen as a muse. I'm sad that the month is over - I've had so much fun casing Laura's work, but I have to admit that I'm also excited to see who's next!

Here's Laura's fabulous card:

Love those colours and the nested die cuts. I still may make one more closely related to this (I don't think I have the exact dies, but I'm sure I could come up with something!)

Here's mine - another birthday card for a friend with an April birthday:




On another note, the choir sang very, very well at the festival (thank you for your good wishes) and was (in my humble opinion) rather harshly adjudicated. Performing in a festival is one of those experiences that is so important when you're growing up and you take it completely for granted, until you're one of the adults who realizes all the work that goes into providing these very, very valuable opportunities! 

After school, I took my children to see "Adam and Jamie - Behind the Myths" last night. It's a live stage show based on Mtyhbusters, which is one of the few TV shows our family agrees on (Iron Chef being the other one!). I wasn't sure how it would translate from TV to stage (less opportunity for C-4 explosive), but it was FUN! Kate waited patiently (arm PUMPING into the air) to ask Adam the only question he couldn't immediately answer ("How many myths have you guys tested?") and was very pleased to have stumped him! We saw all sorts of cool gadgets and there was a lot of audience participation - a perfect show for my 9 and 13 year olds.

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion, Basic Black, Going Gray
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Accessories: flower punches, black Pearl Pen

3 comments:

  1. Too cool, my younger one LOVES Mythbusters...she's a serious fan. Glad to hear the choir had a good experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty, love the sweet flowers! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cheerful, this card makes me smile BIG time! Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week!! xx

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.