Saturday 10 March 2012

CASE Study Challenge # 81

Laura Bassen has great style and wonderful ideas that she executes perfectly! When I saw this week's inspiration, I was surprised - usually her cards are so colourful and this was much more sedate, both in the colours and the style of the image.

I do love sand, white and black together - this card looks so elegant!


My first idea was to stamp the flower in sand onto a white background. But getting ink evenly onto a stamp this size can be a challenge - after two attempts, I gave it up and went with versamark and the embossing powder and I'm glad I did! The sparkle and texture it adds is so pretty!

Someone asked me why I make so many card without sentiments. I raise this now, as I stare at that big space in the middle/upper right that could be perfect for a sentiment! There are a couple of answers to that question - the first is that sometimes, I don't know what the card will be used for when I make it, but when I need a card and go into my stash, I can customize the card for the occasion at hand. The second answer is that sometimes the design doesn't lend itself to or need anything else on it.  I actually think that this card falls into both categories here. I could add a sentiment, but I don't think it needs it - what do you think?

Supplies:
Stamp: Big Blossom (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Gina K Pure Luxury
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: Iridescent Embossing Powder (Old Island Stamp Company), Circle Punch

4 comments:

  1. Oooh so pretty! I'm hypnotised by those sparkles :)
    Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the boldness of the single flower AND the sparkles! Love sparkles every time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have really captured those sparkles - beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

    ReplyDelete

When you comment, your personal information (name and comment) are visible to all who visit this blog.